Regulations and Professional Bodies
Lawyers who join the Finest Law network are members of the Law Society. The Solicitors are registered with the SRA and are fully compliant with the Solicitors Code of Conduct 2007.
Solicitor and some legal professional firms carry exemptions from FCA regulated activities.
Claims Management Regulation
Finest Law is a business that was regulated by the Claims Management Regulation Authority in respect of claims management activities from September 2011- April 2019. Our Registration number was 28085.
Claims Management Regulation is no longer operating as a government department in respect of claims management activities.
We are a small business and aim to expand as local clinics across the UK as we develop our services.
Financial Conduct Authority
- Financial Conduct Authority is a UK Government department that monitors the activities of any agency/ organization that refers potential clients to solicitors or legal professional for a referral fee. All activities that are regulated are stated on the government website. These activities are:
- criminal injuries compensation
- financial products and services
- housing disrepair
- specified benefits
- personal injury
Finest Law will only handle or process claims that are not related to the above activities that are regulated by the FCA, financial advice or financial products regulated by the FSA.
Finest Law will no longer handle regulated claims activities that are now regulated by the FCA until further notice. Please contact your solicitor directly for the following:
‘Personal Injury claims
Claims in relation to financial services financial products
Housing Disrepair: landlord and tenant legislation, tenant premises disrepair or nuisance.
Specified Benefits: Claims relating to certain industrial injuries, benefits, supplements or allowances
Criminal Injury: Claims under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
Employment Related: employment-related payments, wrongful or unfair dismissal, redundancy, discrimination, and harassment’
We shall consider carrying out regulated activities when our business expands throughout the UK.
Enquirers and users of the website should not submit such financial claims through this website. If claims are submitted by users, then we will not be able to process or store these claims.
Trademark Office ®
Finest Law Ltd has been awarded a registered trademark from the UK Trade Mark office. Finest Law is primarily a legal information base and education through a paid membership that also permits the advertisement of legal and professional services. Advertisements are for the legal services that we provide for our members.
Our Membership Fees
Finest Law Ltd operates a paid annual membership fee to use areas of our website. This is a non-refundable membership fee to read-protected content for genuine users. Our users can then log in to access, read posts and/or submit comments to our blog. Through our blog, you can find information relating to your concerns; you can respond to the concerns others.
You can also select any services advertised on our website. Through our evaluations and compliance monitoring, we encourage you to participate in providing feedback on your experience. This will help you and all users to engage in an improved service as part of your membership.
We reserve the right to cancel the membership of anyone who uses our site inappropriately as in our terms and conditions and policies. These are displayed on our website.
When required, we will hold client money in accordance with the Client Account Rules while providing a direct service to enable our clients to complete transactions.
- Details of our business complaints handling procedure can be found in our terms and conditions.
Data Protection and Authorisation
- We are authorized and regulated by the Information Commissioner’s Office in respect of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our Number is Z2802878
- We comply with the provisions of the 1998 Act even if the data is exempt from notification.
- We comply with GDPR. This is active on our website.
Companies Act 2006
- Finest Law Ltd is registered at Companies House, UK. Our Registered Office is Finest Law Ltd, Kemp House, 152 City Road. London, UK, EC1V 2NX, email:firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Our principal place of business is in our long term registered office. We only use office space if we are required to. This keeps our costs down. We consider this to be our modern place of efficient working.
- We innovate: we consider providing legal services at evenings and weekends online or offline.
- We operate a telephone answering system from our registered office. The majority of our communications are via emails unless face-to-face contact is required.